Dialogue: buying clothes
Aquí tenéis un diálogo de una situación comunicativa (buying clothes)
You want to buy a piece of clothing.
1. One student plays a salesman / saleswoman.
2. One student plays a customer.
3. Read the text and decide what you want to buy.
4. Replace the words that are underlined in the example by these ones.
1. sweater shorts skirt jeans shoes = clothes
2. small medium large extra large = size
3. white blue purple green red = colour
4. small big short long tight loose = adjectives
5. How much are they? (only it is plural) = question for the price
6. $ 5.99 $ 14.99 $ 20 = money
5. Practise your dialogue for oral presentation.
Salesman: Hello, can I help you?
Customer: Yes, please. I’m looking for a T-shirt (1) .
Salesman: Follow me, please. What is your size?
Customer: Medium (2) .
Salesman: What colour would you like?
Customer: Black (3) .
Salesman: Here. (While handing a piece of clothing).
Customer: Can I try this on?
Salesman: Yes, of course. The fitting rooms are here.
Customer: It’s too small (4) .
Salesman: Try this one on.
Customer: It fits well. How much is it (5)?
Salesman: $ 9.99 (6)
Customer: I’ll take it. Here you are. (While handing the money) Thank you.
Salesman: Here is your receipt. Have a nice day.