Temas para hablar en inglés
Temas para hablar en inglés, ¿necesitas? Here you have some topics which could be useful for you to practise your oral skills. They are quite advanced topics intended to make students give their opinions and arguments on some current topics which affect society on their everyday life.
Remember, if you really want to improve your English, you must practise as much as you can, even on your own, just to get fluency, as the saying goes “practice makes perfect”
- To what extent is the use of animals in scientific research acceptable?
- Zoos are sometimes seen as necessary but not poor alternatives to a natural environment. Discuss some of the arguments for and/or against keeping animals in zoos.
- Education is the single most important factor in the development of a country. Do you agree?
- Children should never be educated at home by their parents. Do you agree or disagree?
- In Britain, when someone gets old, they often go to live in a home with other old people where there are nurses to look after them. Sometimes the government has to pay for this care. Who should be responsible for our old people? Give reasons.
- In some countries the average worker is obliged to retire at the age of 50, while in others people can work until they are 65 or 70. Until what age do you think people should be encouraged to remain in paid employment? Give reasons for your answer.
- To what extent has the traditional male role changed in the last 20 years?
- TV: could you be without it? Discuss.
- Tourism is becoming increasingly important as a source of revenue to many countries but its disadvantages should not be overlooked. What are some of the problems of tourism?
- Should children be taught sex education in schools?
- Most high level jobs are done by men. Should the government encourage a certain percentage of these jobs to be reserved for women?
- Are famous people treated unfairly by the media? Should they be given more privacy, or is the price of their fame an invasion into their private lives?
- Will modern technology, such as the internet ever replace the book or the written word as the main source of information?
- Should criminals be punished with lengthy jail terms or re-educated and rehabituated, using community service programs for instance, before being reintroduced to society?
- Recycling Is Necessary. Do you agree or disagree?